Looking for an exceptional experience for your child? Come grow with us…
Register for the 2018-2019 school year today!
- More information on classes and tuition for this year can be found on this document – Registration Announcement 2018-2019
- As a four star Quality First school we will have limited scholarships available based on financial need. To determine if you qualify, come in the office for information or an application form.
- Call us today or stop by if you would like a tour! 623.606.4266.
2018 – 2019 Staff Changes at Stepping Stones Preschool
Saying good bye is so hard, both for children and for adults. This summer our teachers have had to say good bye to three staff members we have known, loved, and treasured as friends for a long time. Please join us in wishing them the best in their new adventures, as they spread their wings and fly!
Good bye to Jessica Thurston, our nursery coordinator. She is now in a full time job with CCV, as they open up their north campus at 19th and Greenway. The babies will miss her dearly, but we are excited to welcome our new nursery coordinator, Viktoriya Vetter, whom parents may know from their involvement this past year. She will be nurturing and loving those babies each morning this year. Her daughter, Olena, is in our 4s class and she has a baby who will be in the nursery. Viktoriya worked alongside Jessica in the nursery, and was a member of our Stepping Stones Parent Board. Welcome Mrs. Vetter!
We also said good bye to Mary Ann Dunham, who has been a part of our family for over ten years. Her family is moving to Oregon, where her sister and family also live. She is starting a new job and a new adventure in a cooler climate, with a beach. Who wouldn’t envy that! We wish her the best!
Sarah Mora will be taking Mrs. Dunham’s teaching position. Sara was on staff last year as a substitute teacher and rover while her daughter, Lucy, was in Mrs. Crabb’s class. She has also previously served on the Stepping Stones Parent Board and her youngest daughter, Lexi, will be in Mrs. Crabb’s class this year. She has a degree in elementary education and extensive teaching experience. Welcome Mrs. Mora!
We will also be without Katie Lacey, who taught the Tu/Th Early Pre-K class. Mrs. Lacey’s husband had a job transfer, back to New Hampshire. The Tu/Th Early Pre-K teaching spot will be filled by Elizabeth Wieland who has been a part of our school family for 7 years. She has four children, three of whom are Stepping Stones alumni, and her youngest child will be in the nursery this year. Mrs. Wieland taught our art enrichment class last year and helped extensively the last 5 years in the playroom. Welcome Mrs. Wieland!
It’s been hard to say good bye, but they are all going on such great adventures, to the beach, to be near family, and to expand their wings and try new jobs. We wish them the best! And to all of them, please remember: “You never really leave a place you love…part of it you take with you, leaving a part of you behind.” To our new staff, a warm welcome! We are so excited to have you on our team!
Stepping Stones Preschool has been educating children since 1976.
Here is what makes us unique:
- Parent participation – parents have the opportunity to help in the classrooms
- Small class sizes (Max. 1:5 adult/child ratio)
- Active “hands on” Science Exploration, Investigation, Analysis & Conclusions
- Teachers & staff have been with SSP for an average of 15 years & nearly 200 years of collective experience
- Math – logical thinking in the areas of number classification, seriation, space & time
- Daily exposure to verbal & written language
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Extra Enrichment programs
- Learning through school gardening activities & “In house” field trips
- Physical development
- Special events outside of school hours including family nights, date nights and our big ice cream social
- Outstanding teacher/parent communication including emails, letters and weekly pictures on Shutterfly
What’s happening at SSP? Click below for the current calendar!