Wow, it’s finally fall & a refreshing change for the weather reporters. Many of the classes have been talking about the cooler weather, which fits in perfectly with state standards for science. Standards include two areas: exploration & investigation. Children do lots of “exploration” at SSP by using their senses to observe & explore the world around them. Think of all the exploration they did planting in the garden! Recently, students were also involved in over 25 different “investigation” challenges including solving problems through trial and error, using appropriate tools to complete a particular task, and sorting/classifying elements of the natural & physical environments.
- Joanne Black & Julie Ruebsamen SSP Directors
New Enrichment Classes Start Jan 5. Sign up early as classes fill up quickly!
Men’s, Women’s & Children’s T-Shirts, bumper stickers and car clings are available for purchase in the office. School pride is always in style!
Looking for a preschool? Come grow with us…
- Parent participation & small class sizes (Max. 1:5 adult/child ratio)
- Active “hands on” Science Exploration, Investigation, Analysis & Conclusions
- Math – logical thinking in the areas of number classification, seriation, space & time
- Daily exposure to verbal & written language
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Enrichment classes
- Learning through school gardening activities & “In house” field trips
- Physical development
Please contact the office for more information